Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What should I be looking for in buying a new computer, possibly networking with my older one?

I used to be pretty good with computers, knowing what what and such, but I've finding myself a bit overwhelmed at the moment. I have a 5 year old HP computer, that when I bought it was top of the line and has done me proud. But I鈥檝e been entertaining the idea of getting a second computer for a while now. Possibly a Dell. I use my HP mainly for writing, publishing, casual work at home business, and of course internet access. The purpose of the second computer is entirely for fun 鈥?gaming!, music, movies, pictures, and other medias 鈥?but also 鈥?internet access. So, how do I do this? Is my answer as simple as splitting the internet line so that I can have both computers online at the same time? Or should I be looking into some small business computer with networking functions? Any suggestions regarding what I should be looking for? (because let me tell you how very Uneducated the people are at say, Best Buy 鈥?ugh) Anyway. Thanks for your help!What should I be looking for in buying a new computer, possibly networking with my older one?
try to ind one with at least 1 gig of memory. I think you cant get a computer without 80 gig or higher. So any computer is good almost. Just look for a good price.What should I be looking for in buying a new computer, possibly networking with my older one?
You will want a Duo Core processor, lots of memory, at least 2 gigs for Vista. Also, for networking get a router, wireless or wired (wired is faster, but less convenient, If you try to connect both without the router, one will knock the other off when it connects. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment