Friday, August 20, 2010

How can I get a virtual networking adapter so I can connect to my router and my other computer?

I have 1 wireless card. I want to make a 2nd virtual one. I want to be able to connect to both my router with internet and my other computer. My other computer can't connect to my router wirelessly and I a not doing it wired.





I want to connect to 2 wireless networks at once.How can I get a virtual networking adapter so I can connect to my router and my other computer?
This is how a typical network is set up





Broadband Modem %26gt;%26gt; wireless router WAN Port





Router Wireless %26gt;%26gt;%26gt; Computer #1


Router Wireless %26gt;%26gt;%26gt; Computer #2


Router Wireless %26gt;%26gt;%26gt; Computer XXX





Each computer needs a wireless adapter to receive the wireless signal.


Wireless adapters are just that, they connect (adapt) the wireless signal to the computer.


They are not repeaters or routers. They cannot connect to another computer directly. They MUST go through a router.


In addition most wireless routers have hard wired LAN ports to allow computers to be wired to them as well.


There is no such thing as a virtual wireless networking adapter, because if it's virtual, it does not exist in the real world, so nothing outside of the host computer can see it.How can I get a virtual networking adapter so I can connect to my router and my other computer?
I'm not sure what your getting at? You should be able to connect all your computers wired or wireless to the same network as long as you have a wifi router. Then you would have access to your router and computers at all times. If you don't have a wifi router then I suppose you could get a usb wifi adapter and use your desktop as a gateway. If your wanting to have remote access to your desktop check out vnc or logmein.com both are free to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment