Friday, August 20, 2010

How to do I tell my laptop to put Windows XP in charge of networking?

I have an IBM Thinkpad Model T42. When I first got it from my company, Windows was in charge of handling the networking, both ethernet and wireless. Now for some reason, the Thinkpad is using it's own IBM Access software, and it's become very difficult to get a wireless connection.





How can I force the laptop to not use the IBM Access software, and use Windows XP SP2 to manage the network connections?How to do I tell my laptop to put Windows XP in charge of networking?
You probably have to DELETE the IBM Access software from the STARTUP folder and your Programs section. Or turn it OFF by unchecking it from MSCONFIG. Just run MSCONFIG from RUN.





Then go into your Network Connections and turn on the Microsoft Wireless Access option.





I hope that your company is not MAD.How to do I tell my laptop to put Windows XP in charge of networking?
Hmmm it might be you set it to default. Better contact the IBM company for support for it is a new one. Else If you have the balls and daring enough un-install the IBM access software and that remains the Windows XP as default network connection. I hope you know how the re-install windowsXP hehehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment