Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I use social networking to find a job?

I am looking for a full time career how can I use these social networking sites to benefit me are any specific sites available?





KandiceHow can I use social networking to find a job?
I wouldn't recommend pursuing career opportunities in social networks. The entire industry feels so fragmented, with so many new social networks, it is easy to get lost and actually continue to spin your wheels in the searching process. The media is doing a great job pushing social networking sites like twiiter, facebook, myspace , linkedin, etc, to find jobs.





Realistically social networks are designed for people stay in touch with friends and to gossip, they lack the structure and are essentially not designed to help you find a job/career opportunity. I would recommend creating a great resume, sticking to upcoming job boards/major job boards to post your resume and search for jobs. This way your resume will receive maximum exposure from active employers and you can search through the best career opportunities currently available. I would recommend going to Inovahire.com, indeed.com, careerbuilder.com, monster.com, even craigslist before social networks.





I wish you the best of luck!How can I use social networking to find a job?
This article from Monster.com should be helpful:





http://content.office.monster.com/career鈥?/a>





There are many more useful articles about networking where that came from at Microsoft's Office Live Students Facebook page. Just check under the page's Tips/Advice tab here: http://www.facebook.com/officelivestuden鈥?/a>





Good luck with your social networking efforts!





- Jake





MSFT Office Live Outreach Team

No comments:

Post a Comment