Friday, August 20, 2010

What is the best way to find a job? I've heard about networking but how does that work?

Can someone give me a detailed picture of HOW their ';networking'; got them a job? You can't ask someone in a company for a job so then how is it done? I know that front door job searches are extremely unlikely to get you a job in these yucky economic times. So how is networking performed? I need a strategy that works and will get me a job preferably by the end of january at the latest.What is the best way to find a job? I've heard about networking but how does that work?
Two out of the three jobs that I've had were gotten through networking, knowing someone within a company who can put in a good word for you. In my first one, it was a teacher I had in high school who told me about the job. And in the second, it was my dad who got it for me. Now, at my current job, I got it without knowing anyone there. I just applied, interviewed, and got it.





To start networking, just start with the people you already know. Let them know that you're looking for a job and ask them to tell people they know that you're looking for one. Eventually, word will get around to someone who can actually hire you. But don't give up on actually going out to companies and asking for jobs and leaving your resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment