Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Networking?

I have a desktop and a laptop at my house and I want to set them up on the same network so that I can use netsend and share files. How do you set them up on the same network. I have Windows XP.Networking?
In XP, right-click My Computer go to Properties | Computer Name and click Change. At the Computer Name window give each machine a unique name. Select the radio button Workgroup. Type in a name that you like and save all of this by clicking OK. You need to do this on BOTH machines such that the workgroup is the same. Reboot. Now, if they are connected with a hub or router, they should see each other in Network Neighborhood.





Now you must create some shared resource for them to use.Networking?
They need to be connected to each other somehow, either by a cable, or through a router/hub.





Go through the network setup wizard on both computers. Make sure they are in the same workgroup, and enable file and printer sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment